High blood pressure is a serious and at the same time, a common health problem that can lead to several other issues such as heart attack and stroke. Do you know that around 1/3rd of adults in the U.S. suffer from hypertension? Some of the most common causes behing the rise hypertension cases are excessive stress, overthinking, bad diet and lifestyle.
Proper blood pressure monitoring is the key to keep high blood pressure under cotnrol and when it comes to best blood pressure monitors, Omron tops the list as it is currently the most trusted brand among the audience.
So, if you are planning to buy a blood pressure monitor soon, here are my top recommendations based on hours of research analyzing the products.
Why Choose Omron Blood Pressure Monitors?
Clinically Validated : It ensures that all the Blood pressure monitors of Omron are clinically validated and of great reliability.
Intellisense Technology : All the omron blood pressure monitors come with this technology named Intellisense technology. It automatically adjusts the cuff inflation resulting in a comfortable and accurate result with a lesser period of time.
Trusted Brand From Japan : Omron is one the most trusted brands from JAPAN and has been manufacturing blood pressure monitoring equipment for the last 45 years. The Omron blood pressure monitors are available in over 110 countries and are used by millions of people all over the world as it implements new technologies with wide ranges of products.
Easy to Use: Omron blood pressure monitors are generally sleek and have large size LCD screens with clear readings. Also, the results can be fetched just by clicking a single button.
Accuracy: It is one of the most concerning things in a machine. In most machines, blood pressure may be inaccurate in 5% to 15% of the cases, but error rate in Omron BP machines is way better than other machines.
Multiple Users Data Storage: Most of the Omron BP monitors two users to store their blood pressure readings simultaneously for easy tracking on a daily basis. Most machines allow storage of up to 200 readings.
Portability: Omron BP machines are light weighted and easy to carry while travelling. Some models also come with a storage case, so that it can be protected while travelling.
List of Best Omron Blood Pressure Monitors
Most people know digital blood pressure monitors as a machine with a cuff, a screen and a button which can monitor your undulating blood pressure. Well, that’s how it sums up. However, with advancements in technology and years of R&D, we’re seeing innovations in such a simple instrument as well.
Continue reading this shopping guide to know my list of top Omron blood pressure monitors to consider.
1) Omron Smart Elite+ HEM 7600T Tubeless 360° Accurate Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron Smart Elite+ HEM 7600T is the first upper arm blood pressure machine that looks like a wrist bp machine.
1) Intelliwrap Cuff Technology: The monitor has Intelliwrap cuff technology with markings that makes it easier for blind people to use it seamlessly, and the cuff can be placed in any direction. With 360-degree smart tech, it gives accurate readings.
2) Accuracy: The device is capable of detecting the body movements, irregular BP measurements and irregular heartbeats during measurements to give accurate readings.
3) Bluetooth Connectivity: You can store and fetch all your health data at one place with the Omron Connect App. It allows you to view your blood pressure at any time and track your blood pressure log history.
4) Display: The model has a sleek design with an OLED display.
5) Memory: The internal storage can allow you to store up to 100 readings.
- 360º Intelli Wrap Cuff (Medium to Large size cuff, 22-42cm)
- Latest technology without the trouble of wires
- Ultra portable with just 240 gm weight and not tubes
- Cuff wrapping guide
- Body movement detection
- Errors appear if the cuff is not placed rightly
2) Omron HEM 7361T Bluetooth Digital Blood Pressure Monitor with AFib Indicator
Omron HEM-7361T Bluetooth Digital Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor is a premium quality blood pressure monitor from Omron.
1) Enhanced Intellisense technology: This model is based on the latest technology, i.e enhanced Intellisense technology, the upgraded version of intellisense technology.
2) AFib Detection: It not just measures your blood pressure, but also detect Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) to check the risk of stroke or heart attack at home just by tapping a button.
3) Bluetooth Enabled: The device is Bluetooth enabled which can be used to share or store your readings data on your smartphone.
4) Memory: It comes with an in-built storage for 100 readings and allows two separate users to store and share their measurement data to their smartphones.
5) Body Movement Detection: It detects movement in case there is any and asks you to take your measurement again to get the accurate results. It is also capable to detect irregular heart beat.
- Enhanced Intellisense Technology
- AFib Indicator
- 360º Intelli Wrap Cuff (Medium to Large size cuff., i.e. 22-42cm)
- Dual User Function
- Irregular HeartBeat Detection
- Body movement detection
- Slightly heavy (400 gm) as compared to other monitors
3) Omron HEM 6232T Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron Hem-6232T is a wrist blood pressure monitor that works on Oscillometric principle. The pressure range varies in the recommended range from 0 to 299 mmHg and a heartbeat range from 40-180 beats/minutes.
1) Sleek Design: The machine has a sleek design with just a dimension of 91*63.4*13.4 mm (width*height*depth) and the weight of 101 gm (approx). It has a large screen with LCD that makes BP readings easily visible
2) Cuff Range: The cuff comes with a universal circumference in the range of 13.5-21.5 cm.
3) Memory: It also has a storage capacity of 100 readings that can be divided into two user groups and an average value can also be calculated from three readings taken within 10 minutes.
4) Accuracy: With features such as irregular pulse detection, cuff wrapping status and body movement during BP measurements help in getting accurate measurements.
5) Bluetooth Connectivty: The device has bluetooth connectivity which gives an extra advantage as the data can also be stored in the smartphones with exact date and time.
- Hypertension Indicator
- Morning average Indicator
- Ultra Quiet Inflation
- Stores 100 measurements with date and time
- Measurement positioning indicator
- It is not compatible with an AC adapter
4) Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron Evolv Bluetooth Wireless Blood Pressure monitor is one of the most portable product as Omron removed eliminated all the wires and tubes. It has a bluetooth enabled cuff, so you just have to put it on and click the button to get the result. You have to sync the monitor with the Omron connect app and turn on the bluetooth to get the readings on the phone.
1) Compact Design: It is a compact, one piece designed BP machine that is simple, intuitive, and easy to use. It weighs only 227 gm.
2) Advanced Accuracy Algorithm: It follows the Advanced Accuracy algorithm and measures more data points to eliminate the interference due to body movement.
3) Compatible With Omron App: It is compatible with the free Omron app which you can use to share your blood pressure readings with your family members or your doctor.
4) Wide Range Cuff: It has a wide range cuff that can easily fit arms from 9 inch to 17 inch in circumference.
5) Memory: It can store up to 100 readings.
It can also track the irregularities in heartbeat. Omron Evolv Wireless Blood Pressure monitor connects with the smartphone via Bluetooth. You have to follow the following steps to connect it –
- Turn ON the bluetooth on your smartphone
- Download the OMRON Connect app from the Google play or App store.
- After installing the app, open it and then do the required set-up and pairing procedure.
- If the monitor screen shows ‘OK’ that means it is paired with the smartphone.
Then the reading will be displayed on the app, and users have to click the START/STOP button to turn it off/on.
- Compact, sleek, and easy to carry
- Eliminate the interference due to body movement
- Can be used by multiple users to store and track their BP readings
- Compatible with the Omron connect app
- It is not compatible with an AC adapter
5) Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP7450)
Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is a blutooth based home blood pressure monitor that has a horizontally designed dual display monitor with backlit LCD display.
1) TruRead Technology: I personally liked this feature of this Omron BP machine. It automatically takes three consecutive readings at regular intervals customized by you and then displays the average value based on those readings.
2) Wide Cuff: This BP machine comes with a pre-formed easy-wrap comfit cuff that can easily fit arms within 9 inch to 17 inch in circumference.
3) Memory: The monitor can store up to 200 readings and two different users can store their BP readings simultaneously (100 per user).
4) Advanced Accuracy Technology: With advanced accuracy technology, the monitor can measure five times more data points for accurate readings which are not affected by breathing and other movements during the measurement.
5) Wireless Bluetooth Convenience: You can connect the machine with the OMRON connect app to sync your data on iOS and Android devices.
- Works on TruRead feature
- The cuff fits all the arm sizes between 9” to 17” circumferences
- It has a wide horizontal panel with backlit display to show all the digits and other details clearly
- Provide accurate readings
- Comes with an AC adaptor (You don’t have to change batteries again and again)
- Users can record unlimited no of readings in smartphones by Omron’s free app. On device, you can store up to 200 readings.
- It is large in size as compared to other monitors
- Some users constantly facing E1 errors while using it
These were five best Omron Blood Pressure monitors based on various parameters including accuracy, features, and price. All are good in some way or the other and you can buy according to your budget and need.
According to me, you can go with the Omron HEM 7361T Bluetooth Digital Blood Pressure Monitor with AFib Indicator and 360° Accuracy Intelli Wrap Cuff which is best in every paramter. In case you are looking for a wrist blood pressure monitor, you can go with the Omron HEM 6232T Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor.
Know the difference between wrist blood pressure monitor and upper arm blood pressure monitor.